Photographer of the Year – awarded to the member gaining the most points throughout the year
Monochrome Cup – for the best monochrome print of the year
Birchall Cup – for the best colour print of the year
Pooley Cup – for the best DPI of the year
Mary Deneys Memorial Cup – for the member with most points for DPIs
Joan Blackledge Trophy – for the winner of the 3 themed prints mounted together on 1 board
John Moxon Trophy – for the winning DPI on a Gardens theme
Crystal Trophy – for the best mounted floral print
Project Trophy – for the winning DPI in a project which is set at the previous years AGM
President’s Cup – for the best print on a subject chosen by the President
Club Competition Rules
1. The competition sections are :- A. Open B. Set subject
2. The categories in each section are :-
Monochrome print , any size, with a maximum mount of 40x50cm
Colour print, any size, with a maximum mount of 40x50cm
Digital projected image (DPI), maximum size 1200 vertically and no more than 1600 horizontally
3. Maximum entries in each category is 1 open and 1 set subject.
4. All entries must be the competitor’s own work, have been taken within the 3 years prior to the competition and have not been entered in a previous Club competition.
5. All constituent parts of entries must have been made by the author using a photographic process, either chemically or digitally. Details of the process and treatment may be entered on the back of the print if desired.
6. Only fully paid up members of the Club are eligible to enter competitions.
7. Each entry must be marked with the entrant’s competition number. Please note that your name must not be shown. The Competition Secretary will allocate a competition number when the year’s subscription has been paid.
8. Entries must be correctly presented:-
A) Prints are to be suitably mounted and titled on the back with the competition number.
B) DPI files to be JPEG format, maximum size 1600 x 1200 and named with the title and competition number.
9. All entries must be handed to the Competition Secretary by the dates in the programme.
10. Entries for the Print and DPI of the Year competitions must have been entered in one of the 4 Club competitions during the current year. Maximum number of entries is 3 in each category. (See footnote 1)
11. The judge’s decision shall be final in all competitions.
1. Entries into this competition must be the same as those presented for the Club competitions, with the exception of damaged prints, which should be submitted together with the re-printed image.
2. The Club would like to include on its website and Facebook page a changing selection of images, taken from the competition entries, to represent the work of the Members. Members not wishing to have their work so displayed should make this clear when submitting their competition entries